Digita User Area product support, updates and advice
It has been brought to our attention that the audit exempt paragraph on the dormant accounts balance sheet has not been updated to the Companies House simplified version.
The balance sheet should contain the following text:
Audit Exemption Statement
For the year ending ………………………. (dd/mm/yyyy) the company was entitled to exemption from audit under section 480 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to dormant companies.
The members have not required the company to obtain an audit of its accounts for the year in question in accordance with section 476; and
The directors acknowledge their responsibilities for complying with the requirements of the Act with respect to accounting records and the preparation of accounts.
A private company that qualifies as small should also include the following statement on the balance sheet:
These accounts have been prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable to companies subject to the small companies regime.
In order to amend the current narrative, please take the following action:
Generate the set of accounts
Right click over the paragraph on the balance sheet and select Design > XML, when logged in with Administrator rights.
The narrative of the accounts can be amended there.
Once the amendment has been made check that it says “Report template is syntactically correct” before pressing either Apply or Ok.
Further details can be found on the companies house website at:
In January, the ICAEW released an updated Bannerman paragraph that changed the Companies Act reference to ‘Chapter 3 of Part 16 of the Companies Act 2006’. This is to be used for Audit reports from January 2010. Unfortunately, this arrived too late to be included in the imminent 4.2 release of Accounts Production but it has been included in the following release due out later this year. In the meantime the change can be made to the Organisation level template in order that all current and future client reports are updated with this change. In order to correct the report template, please take the following action:
· Select the organisation drop down menu > Manage Reports
· Select the Accounts Incorporated from the Organisation tree.
· Select the Full Accounts > FRSSE Full.
· Select Edit, this opens the Design Report window.
· From the left hand side select Independent Auditors Report > ISA 700 (Revised) > Optional disclaimer.
· On the right hand side select the XML Source tab.
· Edit the wording in black text only where it refers to “Section 495 and 496” and replace it with “Chapter 3 of Part 16”.
· Check that it says Report Template is syntactically correct in the bottom left hand corner of the window and then press ok. If it does not say this then press cancel and try again.
· On pressing ok it will prompt the question “Do you want to copy these changes to other organisation reports?”, select “Yes” and it will then provide a list of reports for upgrade.
· Choose the reports that require the alteration, these will principally be the Full Accounts and then press ok and ok again.
“Due to adverse weather conditions, Companies House is operating with a reduced level of support for its on-line services and contact centre. This may result in delays responding to e-mails and telephone enquiries. We would like to apologise to any customers who may be impacted and for any inconvenience caused.” – Companies House, 13th January 2010 09.00